Sunday, August 8th, 2010 at 11:31 am
When we hear the term GPS or Global Positioning System, we usually refer to a gadget feature or the handheld GPS Receiver, like the Garmin Extrex GPS Receiver. However, GPS is much more amazing than dancing lights on a screen or a handy electronic gadget.
First, remember that GPS is a system, meaning, it is organized and it follows certain protocols. This system was initially developed by the US military as a navigational tool but they opened GPS up for public use after a while. GPS takes utility of 27 satellites, employs a constellation-like connection with them and uses them to specify locations. 24 of these satellites work for the system full time, while the other 3 are reserve satellites so as not to break the bond.
The Garmin Extex GPS receiver can link to this system more efficiently by the use of the Garmin Bluechart Maps. So if you’re looking for a quality GPS receiver, don’t forget to put the Garmin Extrex GPS Receiver at the top of your list.
Friday, July 30th, 2010 at 1:09 pm
Using a Garmin eTrex GPS Receiver is a unique gadget that would make any proud owner not help but gloat. Here are seven reasons why a Garmin eTrex GPS Receiver is like your woman:
- It is downright beautiful, with all the right curves fitting your hand grips.
- You almost cannot live without it as soon as you get to understand how it works.
- Its road map feature and Garmin Blue Chart Maps dictate you what path to take. As in literally dictates where.
- If it gets tired and out of juice, it simply quiets up.
- Everyone who gets to see you carrying one would envy you for having one.
- It requires tender loving care, but can be handled rough as well *wink.
- Its delicate and complex creation is within a sleek and sexy exterior.
Monday, July 26th, 2010 at 5:19 am
Going on a roadtrip has never been easier with the Garmin eTrex GPS Receiver. All you need to do is to turn it on, wait for a few seconds, and then let the receiver scan the skies for available satellites. As soon as you are connected, your map is loaded and voila! You get to see where you are, and what route to take.
To make your roadtrip complete, don’t forget to bring with you your SD card filled with Garmin Blue Chart Maps. With a comprehensive map on the palm of your hands, who needs to look at highway signs? No more asking for directions and going in circles. Roadtrip becomes a fun and engaging experience with this GPS device.